If you read my Resolutions post back in January then you heard a bit about my 101 in 1001 list and now it’s time to give you an update! My current list of goals will expire October 23,2012 so I definitely need to update my progress and focus on knocking some things out!
The original posting of my list can be found here. I’ve posted a few updates since then and everything that is struck through is done! I’ll link to where I’ve posted about accomplishing it if applicable. It looks like I’m almost halfway through the list!
Blog once a day for a month – Completed February 2011!
Delete old RAW photos from laptop and organize all photos into better filing system – Done
4. Lose 20lbs and keep it off- Still a work in progress
Have professional portraits taken of me for blog and marketing
Create client packets for weddings
Update sample albums– Considering I’ve updated my sample albums several times, I waiting on the latest so I can take photos and post about it!
Update wedding contract– done!!
10. Pay off debt
11. Book 20 weddings per season – Still working on, I’ve got 13 weddings on the books for 2012 so getting closer!
12. Blog about the cool new products out there to display photographs
Paint spare bedroom henceforth known as home gym/overflow room– done!
14. Paint master bedroom walls and furniture- halfway done, I painted the room but still deciding on what to do with the furniture.
15. Finish kitchen cabinet wine cubbies and trim- almost done, I need to get my Dad over here to help me with the last section.
Clean out studio of un-used equipment and stuff – Done!
Test out slideshow software and audio fusion idea – Done! I use Showit Slideshow for my blog posts of weddings!
18. Set workout schedule and stick to it- still working on this one, I am doing regular bootcamps 3x a week and I’m trying out the Wii 30 day challenge so maybe if I can keep that up for a couple months I’ll mark this as complete.
20. Enter my photographs in competitions
21. Shoot with film again- well I have been shooting with film more but right now I have a bag of 20 or so rolls that need to be developed so this goal is partially done.
22. Write business procedures and policies into a handbook for future employee reference
23. Hang my fine art landscapes in a coffee shop or downtown store
Take more trips with my husband and my dogs – Done! We bought a boat and take lots of trips now 🙂
Reward myself once I accomplish 10 and 11 with the Canon 50 1.2L – Done, but I cheated. I bought the lens first, it has helped me define my style and is leading to accomplishing 10 & 11 now!
26. Hang out with my brother and sister more
Actually attend meetups for some of the different groups I belong to – Done!
28. Knock out 5 more classes towards my Fine Arts Degree
Attend WPPI in Vegas – Super excited but I will be in Vegas for WPPI 2012 when you read this!!!!
30. Have a photo safari with old photography classmates Roni and Ashley
31. Start doing projection sales
Print Inspire Guide as book – done!
Connect and network with local wedding vendors– Done!
Work on Facebook pages and learn how to integrate my blog and website with FB – Done!
36. 2nd shoot a wedding with Jessica Claire or Melissa Jill
Attend a workshop by Jessica Claire, Jose Villa, Melissa Jill or Chenin Boutwell
– done and I blogged about it here
Although I’d still love to attend workshops for the other too!
Improve my cooking so my husband doesn’t worry that he might die when I cook– working on this but thanks to The Pioneer Woman and her awesome cookbook and website my husband actually started looking forward to me cooking dinner before he deployed. I’ll have to make one of her dishes and blog about it to mark this goal as complete.
Send out anniversary cards to past clients – done!
Get my work published in a bridal magazine or an online blog such as Style Me Pretty
– Done! I’m not up to Style Me Pretty yet but I think by the end of this year I’ll be on there! I have been published on several other blogs though! You can see them here
Improve post wedding workflow to get 25 previews up in 1 week – Done! I was able to do this for all my 2011 weddings!
Improve album design and turnaround to complete within 1 month of wedding – Done with Photojunction and some fabulous templates from Melissa Jill and Templates for Photographers!
43. Start pre-designing albums
44. Write down all the ideas running around my head for my business and put together plan to implement them
45. Finish my business plan
46. Create marketing plan and schedule to implement it
48. Take family portrait for my mother in law of the family
49. Print an album of my wedding for my mother and mother in law
Stop being such a baby about turning 30 this year– done I turned 30 and I didn’t die, in fact I’m happy to be 30 now!
row grass in our front yard– Done!
52. Put a new deck and front portch on our house
Make weddings and portrait sites more cohesive with each other
– done!!! So instead of making them more cohesive I just combined them with the blog and I’m loving it so far!!! I blogged about it here
54. Hire associate photographer to shoot more weddings – I’ve hired a new second shooter that I’m training to hopefully accomplish this in the coming years!
55. Lay hardwood floors in the bedroom
56. Take photos of my parents
57. Take photos of my sister and brother
58. Have my own Rock the Dress session
60. Cap my portrait bookings to 5 a week
61. Setup office schedule for shooting days vs office days
Find office space to share with another vendor for client meetings – Done but I haven’t blogged it yet. I’ll post that soon I promise!!
Volunteer at church – Done! I volunteered as photographer for the Art and Drama camp this year!
Take a class with my husband in something fun – Done! I’m calling this done since we bought a boat and learned to sail together!
65. Visit Italy – Cross you fingers I will be crossing this off for my anniversary this year! I get to go visit hubby while he is deployed!!
66. Go snowtubing
67. Focus more on each thing on my do list and stop getting distracted halfway through
Speed up my editing time or look into outsourcing basic edits – Done! I’ve got my workflow down so that when I import my images into LR they are 90% finished!
70. Set aside time for personal Fine Art projects, set theme and deadlines to accomplish each project
Refresh website pictures every quarter with new stuff – Done! This is so much easier with just having one blogsite now!
72. Work on racing project for my husband’s crew
73. Participate in Project 52
Befriend local photographers and meetup to talk photography stuff and take photos walks– Done!
75. Spend more time playing with my girls and get back to our daily walk schedule
76. Attend church regularly- no excuses
77. Clean out closet of items that don’t fit or that I don’t wear, purge at least 25%
78. Finish the stained glass frame for my wedding invitation
Purge office of junk and make better use of space – Done and I moved into a new space that I have to keep neat for clients!
80. Print out personal photos and use the scrapbooking supplies I’ve been given
81. Become more involved in local charity organizations
82. Burn dvd of all the photos I’ve taken over the years of my husbands family and give to my mother in law
83. Learn more about using my flash off camera, check out One Light DVD
Keep more fresh flowers around the house, they make me smile!
– Working with a fabulous florist
I now stop in all the time for beautiful bouquets!
85. Add more canvas
gallery wraps to my living room
86. Work on holiday card designs early, tie in with marketing plan
Second shoot with more local photographers to build up local network – Done!
88. Create a system for keywording photos when importing to lightroom to make things easier to find later
89. Teach a local Mom’s group how to take better photos of their kids
90. Incorporate film images with wedding coverage
Take a cruise – Instead of taking a cruise we decided to spend that money on our own boat and we love it. We cruised from Annapolis to Quantico so I’m calling this done!
92. Start getting a massage the day after shooting a wedding
Improve my blog and website content for portraits and weddings – I think my content is much improved! Practice, practice, practice and you will get better :)!
Clean out my email inbox and setup rules for incoming mail to separate ads from actual clients
– Done! I use ShootQ and Gmail Nested labels
and it makes my life so easy now!
95. Photograph a wedding in Charleston, SC
96. Photograph more seniors and possibly start senior rep program
97. Add 5d Mark II to my gear and try out video for simple fusion ideas- I’ve decided to wait for the MK3.
98. Do a Boudoir shoot with a client
2 years from now update my website and blog to a single custom site – I’m calling this done too because I’ve combined them into a blogsite. It isn’t completely custom but I’m happy with the results!