I’ve talked before about how brides can use Pinterest to plan their wedding and now I’m going to talk about how photographers can use Pinterest in their business! I’m still working on doing more with Pinterest myself but these are the things I’m already using it for!
1. Posing! We all get stuck on new ideas to pose our clients and we start looking through magazines or online for ideas. Now you can create a Posing board and pin your posing ideas! There are so many places online to get inspiration and being able to keep your ideas together will help you keep your posing fresh.
2. Location ideas! If clients aren’t sure where they want to do their session you can keep a board that shows the types of photos they might get from different locations. This can help them decide if they want to go with some urban or maybe a more casual park location. You can also pin ideas you have for locations you’d love to shoot at!
3. Exposure! Ok this is a delicate area, the idea isn’t to spam Pinterest with your work. Instead focus on creating boards with themes like cakes and then pinning that awesome cake from your last wedding along with other cakes your brides might find inspiring. Definitely share your work but don’t go over the top and pin every image you’ve ever taken!
4. Shoot Planning! Why not start a board and share it with an upcoming client so you can collaborate on their shoot together! You can get them excited about their session early. This works great with coordinating shoots with local vendors too.
5. Style! This will tie into a series on Branding that I’m starting next week but Pinterest is a great place to start figuring out who you are and what you are drawn to! Maybe start with a board of photographs that you love. Then look closer and see what do those photos have in common, are they all weddings or newborns? Are they black and white images with textures applied? Are they clean and crisp with bright colors? Maybe they are vintage with retro clothing! What are you drawn to? Remember that as you develop your style may change so you can do this exercise over and over.
I hope you’ve gotten some ideas on how to use Pinterest for your business and don’t forget to follow me over there! If you are needing some guidance with branding for your business then definitely work on a style pin board and come back next week to see how that will translate to branding.