I think couples in Fredericksburg are lucky to have such an amazing wedding venue right in their back yard! Whether you are looking for a rustic indoor ceremony space or have your heart set on an outdoor ceremony Stevenson Ridge can accommodate your wishes. I’ve had the opportunity to shoot not only weddings like Jolie & Greg but styleshoots as well on the property. There is so much to explore that I don’t think I’ve scratched the surface! Plenty of great places to do portraits on your wedding day. Add in a top notch staff that truly takes care of you and I know you will be ecstatic with your choice in wedding venues. I can’t wait for March to head back out there for another fabulous wedding!
1. Tell me about your wedding venue! (Name, location, # of guests you can accomodate, basic details, contact info, onsite coordinator, etc)
Stevenson Ridge, Spotsylvania, Virginia. A 90 acre property with lodging in cabins and cottages, two special event venues, fishing pond, hiking trails and other outdoor activities.
6901 Meeting Street, Spotsylvania, VA 22553
Contact: 540.582.6263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to check them out on Facebook too!
2. Describe your ceremony and reception spaces!
The Lodge (up to 216 seated and 350 cocktail-style) The Lodge has an old-world charm boasting hardwood floors, exposed posts and beams, 25’ cathedral ceiling, two gas fireplaces and a deck overlooking the pond. The hall is lit by wrought iron grand chandeliers and lantern sconces. The large custom bar is made of refurbished antique wood and outfitted with a beer cooler and ice maker. Located on the floor below the reception hall is the commercial kitchen, office space and a complimentary bridal dressing suite for those hosting a ceremony onsite as well.
The Riddick House (up to 50 seated and 75 cocktail-style) The Riddick House is an 1812 plantation home with event space located throughout two floors. The main floor includes a grand foyer with player piano, state-of-the-art kitchen, dining room table (possible location for buffet) and multiple sitting rooms. The floor below is a larger open area perfect for the DJ, dance floor and cake table. A beautiful bar hand-made of wood and granite serves as the main bar during events. There are two bedrooms on the third floor where the bridal party can get ready. The Bride and Groom typically stay in the master suite the evening of their wedding.
Each venue has its own outdoor ceremony site overlooking the pond. Depending upon the guest count, we can move most ceremonies indoors in case of inclement weather. Most couples prefer the indoor space at the Lodge because the room was an authentic early 1800’s chapel.
3. What makes your venue unique?
Three things come to mind… experience, history and flexibility.
1. EXPERIENCE. Stevenson Ridge is not just a venue, it is an experience. You have the option of renting the entire property and having your family/wedding party stay in the various cottages and cabins making your wedding weekend last longer than the typical five hour reception. Send the boys outside to fish in the pond while the girls get ready; host a laidback BBQ-style rehearsal dinner; say goodbye to the bride and groom at a farewell brunch on Sunday!
2. HISTORY. All of our buildings, whether lodging or event spaces, have a unique history to them. The property owner, Dan Spear, has spent the last ten years moving these antique structures to Stevenson Ridge and restoring them. From getting married in an 1800’s chapel to sleeping in a house built by George Washington’s uncle to hanging out on bar stools from Graceland… you will go home with a story and hopefully come back for more.
3. FLEXIBILITY. Because of our multiple (and very different) event spaces, we can accommodate a variety of events and styles. For most weddings, we can easily move the ceremony indoors if necessary. In addition, we LOVE to work with new event professionals… meaning you can customize your wedding to be all about you and what you love. We are happy to put together an all-inclusive package but most couples prefer to hire their own vendors. Hopefully you only get to do this once, why should your wedding look like everyone else’s?
4. How can you help couples with planning their big day?
We offer Day-Of and Week-Of Coordination Packages as well as Hourly Consultations with our knowledgeable event coordinators. Even if you opt out of these services, we have an extensive inventory of information from event professionals and a Preferred Vendor List that can point you in the right direction.
5. Is there anything else you’d like brides and grooms to know about your venue?
Just that we love what we do and want every bride, groom and guest to have a memorable day. Again, we aren’t just a venue… we are an experience!
From a photographers perspective there are plenty of places to go for photos! With so much space available you can easily get away with your couple for private bride and groom portraits. The pond and dock offers some fun options for photos and I love the photos with the bridal party on the front porch of Riddick House. The getting ready room is beautiful with mirrors and stools that offer fun elements to use for photos. Inside the Lodge is gorgeous for photos even if it rains! Always a plus! Check out mix of photos from weddings and other events I’ve done at Stevenson Ridge!
Are you getting married soon or expecting a new baby? I’d love to work with you. Contact me now to see if your date is available!